That ebi is making a break for it. Kaiten sushi in Sapporo
The sushi doesn't travel quite that fast but the iphone camera sure makes it look that way. There is kaiten sushi in Vancouver but I think most of the places have closed down. After the novelty of rotating food on a conveyor belt wore off, we were often left with sub-par sushi that was probably not the freshest of the fresh and sloppily made.

Sushi restaurants are pretty expensive in Japan, so for a casual outing a good choice is kaiten sushi. The kaiten sushi I went to in Sapporo was reasonably priced and delicious. Everyone's bills came to around 10-15 dollars each, and we were quite full. The dishes are priced according to the colour coding of each plate. Even the cheapest sushi which included saba and ika were delicious. Presentation, taste, and price were all thumbs up! Good bye California rolls, for I shall not miss you.

Article written by AUTHOR_NAME

WRITE_ABOUT_YOURSELF

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am hungry now. This place kind of reminds me of sushaya in metro, but that place has gone downhill, BIGTIME.

Crystal Lee said...

Haha I know exactly what you mean. I'm not sure if it's still the case but I heard they get their stuff made early in the morning at a central location in richmond and then it's shipped off to all their restaurants.

Terry Hsiao said...

Wow that ebi is moving so fast ! Awesome !

Crystal Lee said...

Terry: yes, in Japan everything moves fast, even the sushi XD